Sunday 26 July 2015

I Was On The News!

Hi everybody! I hope everyone's having a good summer! I've been really busy for the past week because I was in a play for the Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival! For those who don't know, the Fringe Festival is a national theatre festival all over North America. People from all over the world submit plays for the festival. The plays submitted are chosen at random and even if you don't get picked, you can still be in the festival if you set up and pay for your own theatre venue. There are some good plays, and some bad ones, but overall, the Fringe is my favourite part of the summer! I have been a theatre kid for pretty much all my life, I LOVE watching and performing shows, but this is my first time in a Fringe show and it went great! The show we did was called All I Really Need To Know I Learned By Being In a Bad Play, and I played the lead role, The Narrator. The show is all about the life lessons that can be learned from being in a terrible play. I relate to this show a lot because I have learned and experienced many things that I otherwise would never have learned or experienced if I never got into theatre. The best part of theatre is being an important part of a larger community. As an Aspie, I have a hard time fitting in at school. Unless someone knows me really well, they just think I'm weird. However, in the theatre community, everyone is quirky and they don't care if you're weird because, well, everyone is! The theatre make you feel like you belong. If you are a person who has a hard time fitting in, get into theatre! You will discover your people!

Here is the article and the video: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-teen-with-asperger-s-syndrome-shines-in-fringe-play-1.3158325

Special thanks to my directors; Theresa, Emily, and Augusta the Stage Manager! Thanks so much for this awesome experience! Thanks so much for your support and I hope to continue working with you for as long as I can! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment