Saturday 30 May 2015

Aidan the Aspie Critic: Frozen

Welcome to another movie review! Today I will be reviewing Disney's Frozen! Based (Extremely loosely!) on the story, "The Snow Queen" by Hans Christian Anderson, the author of The Little Mermaid. It is NOT about the conspiracy theory that Walt Disney is frozen under The Pirates of the Caribbean ride waiting for all the Jews to die! I just wanted to get that out of the way!
It is the story of 2 sisters, Princess Anna and Princess Elsa. Elsa has the magical ability to create snow and ice. Don't ask why or how, it's just Disney magic. Anyway, it is all fine and dandy at first, but when Elsa got older, she accidentally injured Anna because she is losing control of her powers and her powers are getting stronger. She grows up afraid of herself, afraid that she might hurt somebody or herself. Eventually, the King and Queen die and Elsa's coronation as Queen comes. She tries her best to control her powers, but she lets her power loose. Afraid and ashamed, she runs off into the snowy mountains alone. Anna goes into the mountains to find her and meets a ice salesman named Kristoff, a reindeer named Sven, and a snowman named Olaf. Can Anna find her sister and restore peace to the land, or will the kingdom be doomed to endure eternal winter? Watch Frozen to find out!
This is not actually from the movie, just in case if anyone's wondering.
This was a pretty okay movie! I know, everyone's sick and tired of it now, thank you very much Let It Go, but the first time we all saw this movie, we all thought it was pretty good! I wouldn't call it Disney's best, and I certainly don't think it deserves the attention it is currently getting, (SERIOUSLY???? The highest grossing animated film of ALL TIME????? There's no WAY this movie is better than Toy Story 3!!!!), but as a movie, it is just pretty okay! The animation is great, and the songs are pretty good. Not the best songs Disney has to offer, but it is nice to finally have another traditional Disney musical. The comedy was also pretty good. I do think a lot of things weren't explained, leaving quite a few plot holes, which can be distracting at times, like "How can Elsa create life out of snow?" or "Who ruled the land when the King and Queen were dead but Elsa was still isolated?" or "WTF is up with these random rock trolls!?" or "Why is everyone shocked about eternal winter when their main export is ice?" or "Why did Anna choose to be shut inside the castle too? Couldn't she leave at any time if she isn't a threat?" or "How does Elsa have ice powers in the first place!?!?!?!?!?!?" Etc, etc, etc. I do think there were a lot of missed opportunities as well, but I can't say anything because it would ruin the story. Let's just say that the shocking villain reveal near the end of the movie is almost completely pointless. Some scenes in this movie go absolutely nowhere and serve no purpose, which can get annoying, but there aren't a lot of those, so it doesn't really matter. Overall, this is a pretty okay movie. It's no masterpiece, but you should get some enjoyment out of it. I would give it 3.5 stars out of 5. I would give it a -1,000,000,000,000 out of 5, but that would be rating on a level of how sick I am of this darn movie! It's freaking over a year old by now, move on to another thing! I will kill myself if I hear Let It Go one more time or if you ask me if I wanna build a snowman! This movie just makes me so angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, this is a good movie, but remember, anything that is good can become bad if it becomes oversaturated. I'm warning you, Disney. Be wise about this film.
Have you seen Frozen? What did you think of it? Tell me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment